manteca 1k chance?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

manteca 1k chance?

Post  Jason-admin on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:59 pm

ok after tlaking with the guys in manteca they want help in setting up a 1k event...so i've come up with the following proposal for them this friday....see what you think

manteca 1k event based on 50people with $20 dollar entry fee

option 1:

1st place - $400

2ed place -$200

3rd place - $100

4th place - $50

5-8th place- $40

total pay out = 910

not really sure what that amounts to in prizes, but that would be an easy pay off and one well worth the 20$ fee, could even reduce first place to give out prizes 9-16th to look something like this:
option 2:
1st place - 300
2ed place - 200
3rd place - 100
4th place - 50
5-8th place - 40 (160)
9-16 place - 20 (140)

total payout = 950!

anyways, i thought they both look pretty good, with the 2ed option being a little more favored.

would be 6 rounds + top 8 playoff and would need to start at noon on a saturday. could also do a 500 tournament just by cutting entry fee to 10 bucks and than prizes would be cut down a bit
Jason-admin
Admin

View user profile http://mtgkings.freegametalk.com

Back to top Go down

Re: manteca 1k chance?

Post  Taco on Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:32 pm

Dude own but make sure it's a few weeks in advance I have to request the day off. Btw switche to rug its awesome

Taco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Stonie on Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:42 pm

I think it would work great, matt might be alittle iffy on the 20 considering if we just hit the 50 mark there barely turning a $100 profit. On top of having to rent a location or rework the present state of the shop to accomadate so many people. As is we had trouble with the 40 or however many where there for game day. Otherwise, think it's a great idea, not only would I like to see this happen, I'd like it to become a regular event.
Stonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason-admin on Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:00 pm

@taco RUG is meh at best, wolf run will rofl stomp you all day, and i still fail to see how it beats a good control deck or even u/w humans

@stonie the idea of a 1k is not to give out 1k cash but in merchandise, essentially the players paid for all the stuff and are playing to win it. for example,

2ed place gets $200 dollars worth of stuff so that could be like a box (110) + two fat packs (80) + 2 booster packs (10)

the store is just selling the stuff to the players and in addition gets 50+ dollars that worthwise it wouldn't get unless for hosting the tournament. if the store choose to give out pirze or cash then usually the cash value is less then the prize value so...

2ed place gets 200 dollars worth of product OR 150 dollars cash for example.

you also have to included all the profits they would make off people buying cards and sodas, and maybe other thrift stuff later.

all in all they make more profit by doing this than they would of if they just sold the equal amount of it to one person.

Game day brought in 40+ people and it was handled fairly well figuring there was no official judge, and i just based it off 50 ppl, as i said we could do it with less people or less of a fee to get in, and just change the prize pool.
Jason-admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stonie on Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Ok, yeah figuring the turnout and factor in people buying product on top of entry and snacks, It should work prefect. Really we just need a judge and a few extra tables. Still great idea all the way around.
Stonie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

@ jason

Post  Tenzin on Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:53 pm

When is the event?

Tenzin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason-admin on Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:06 pm

don't know, im just gonna make the proposal to matt this friday and maybe set a day, i think he does havea 1k event coming up in december though
Jason-admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Taco on Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:34 pm

Idl we shall see Friday. I'm enjoying it lol. It has a lot it can do tho. Idl it's fun and I don't really know of I want to handle solar flare lol

Taco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason-admin on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:46 am

rug is fun, but i just don't see what it has that another deck doesnt, without being able to flip daybreak ranger consistently, i don't want to play it lol...
Jason-admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Taco on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:28 pm

Its not kiblers list its anothe list i found its more controlling and has a lot of burn. It beats mono black infect no problem and mono red homebrew i played against i like it im thinking it does need tweaking tho if im goign to actually get far with it. btw if you ahve a thrun or 2 snapcasters mind bringing them friday ;P might need to borrow/trade you for them to be able to play

Taco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum