2 spellskite
2 liliana of the veil
3 drownyard
2 dissipate
1 rachet bomb
1 black sun zenith
1 life's finale
1 jace memory adapt
2 wring flesh (basically doom blade 5/6 vs. rdw, delver,etc)

basically, just cut some stuff to make it better vs. rdw but trying not to take to much from wrr match up. tell me what you think after playing the deck
Jason-admin
Admin

View user profile http://mtgkings.freegametalk.com

Back to top Go down

Re: updated u/b tempo

Post  Nate on Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:24 am

Seems decent. I would like to playtest it whenever you are free.
Nate

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/nate.polson1

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason-admin on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:41 pm

lol again update:
Creatures: 10
1 spellskite
3 bloodline keeper
3 consecreted sphinx
3 snapcaster mage

planeswalker: 3
3 Liliana of the veil

spells: 22
4 mana leak
4 doom blade
4 think twice
2 dissipate
1 black sun's zenith
2 batterskull
3 disperse
2 Blue sun's zenith

lands: 25
2 ghost quarter
2 drownyard
4 downed catacombs
4 darkslick shores
7 swamps
6 island

SB:
1 batterskull
1 disperse
2 spellskite
2 drownyard
2 negate
2 surgical
2 cards that are good vs. u/w human/illisiouns ..not sure what that is atm...
3 wring flesh

ok quick notes cause i know you will ask nate:
1) forbidden vs. USZ - i just never liked alchemy in the deck, you have no way of getting the cards back, and alchemy doesn't help the lily tech. USZ gives you tons of cards to get ahead after lily has made both players hands crippled, it also helps late game keep up the pressure. on paper i believe USZ is better, but we will see in testing. USZ basically is sphinx # 4/5 in the deck.

2) third batterskull in SB: after watching it play, this card is awesome and relevant in every match up.

3) 4 disperse in the 75: again both at the 1k and fnm last night we decide this card was awesome, so why not 4? maybe 3 is fine idk, but it seemed awesome and i'd like to try the fourth in the sb, just so nice for rdw, delver, humans, etc. only match up where this card is bad is wrr...but even than u get to bounce birds, and other mana ramp like sphere.

Last edited by Jason-admin on Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jason-admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nate on Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:13 pm

Alright!

First off, I am unsure about the 3-3 split in counterspells. Mana Leak is really good in this form of UB, rather than just being mediocre in other iterations. I am still a supporter of a 4-2 split of Mana Leak to Dissipate, and gaining more off of the board.

Cutting to BSZ sounds sort of bad. I know I usually hate on the card, but we have nothing better, and it was helpful in most of the games I saw it. You want to see it more than once, usually! However, with the added Disperses and such, maybe one is fine.

With Despise, I liked it and I didn't like it. It was nice to gain the info, and potentially killing cards, but I was always wondering if it was worth the card slot, you know? Against HH and WRR, it is solid, but I sided it out every other game. Even in HH I ended up siding it out for other cards. What are your thoughts?

Okay, so Blue Zenith vs Alchemy. I understand the whole not getting cards back, but the card is all about seeing four cards for three mana. Very rarely am I sad that I have to throw away whatever I have to with the Alchemy. I would be down to try the Zenith again, but last time I used it, it was the first card to get cut.

BATTERSKULL! Yes, more of these is always cool.

I like the idea of four Disperse through the 75. Let's try it and see what it is like.

Some other thoughts....the 2-2 split of Ghost Quarter and Drownyard isn't needed. You only want Drownyard on one match up really. Whereas I always what Ghost Quarter. I was thinking of four Ghost Quarters in the main, and the Drownyards in the board. Maybe four is too much....what do you think?

Also, for the SB, Wring Flesh is lame. It needs to go. I think two Tribute to Hunger and a Jace would be better fillers for those slots. Tribute is huge against Mirran Crusader/Geist/Thrun/etc. and is really needed. Jace is a nice addition to the Drownyards in the control mirror, as it gives you a huge push in the right direction, even if they have a whole bunch of Ghost Quarters and such.

Again, I think four Snapcaster is the correct number, but I would be down to try it at three. Other than that, I have nothing else to say, but I would be interested in trying this version out!
Nate

Back to top Go down

Post  Taco on Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:07 pm

hmm this is looking saucy ive been trying to think of ways to beat our meta i think this is in the correct direction! how are the match ups against everything?

Taco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason-admin on Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:46 pm

ok so changed it up a little again, after some games with my bro, lily into keeper is nuts....heck just lily is nuts. usz and think twice really help you out with her discard.

@ nate
1) wring flesh helps you vs. delver and rdw, i don't think thurn, giest, etc are that hard to kill with 3 lily in the MD, not sure we are gonna test u/w humans/ill tonight when i get home from the hospital. we will determine if the card is even needed, aaron thought it might be worth testing gut shot in the same slot.

2) cut the despise for 2 lily and 1 think twice, also cut the dissipate for the 4 leak. i liked what you said regaurding that and in testing mana leak is better. need to test wrr again thou, as we've changed alot about the deck.

3) split lands due to the fact MD we lost so hard vs. control. althought this might be worth testing as we now have lily in the MD who can just win control games. so this i will test too, but i like the split.

Tonight Testing:
WRR:
esper control:
u/w haunt: 3-2 in games... didn't play that hard but it was fun.

i'll update each match up tomorrow, assumeing we get that many games in...i'll try and get atleast 3 matches of each one tonight.

Last edited by Jason-admin on Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jason-admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Taco on Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:41 pm

the spellskites seem awkward imo what are they for?

Taco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nate on Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:36 pm

Awesome! I can't wait to hear about the matches.

@Taco: Spellskite is absolutely amazing vs RDW. However, it has uses outside of that matchup as well. Oblivion Ring...Wolf Run...and various removal. I am not sure how it fares in the main deck, but it was amazing post-board against RDW.
Nate

Back to top Go down

Post  dcalrokundess on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:15 pm

Hey, just wondering, have you gone against a more traditional UB control with this list? How has the matchup gone?

dcalrokundess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nate on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:29 am

Against any control deck, the match up is similar in this version of UB. Game one can be pretty rough, but post-board, you just try to mill them. It is incredibly boring, but it gets the job done!
Nate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top